- Support the ACLU. The ACLU has condemned in the strongest of terms the attack on American democracy that occurred on January 6th, 2021, and have been a keystone of resistance during the Trump administration. Consider donating to them to help continue their tireless work.
- Contact your Senator. Let them know how you feel about the events of January 6th. You can find your Senator’s information at usa.gov/elected-officials. Elected officials do care about the opinions of their constituents; use your power.
- Listen to people of color. This event has particular meaning to them, and their perspective will enrich your understanding of the events and help you take more effective action.
- Remember self-care. While it’s important to be informed on the events that impact our nation, remember to take care of your mental health. Take a break. Practice mindfulness. Limit your news consumption if necessary.
- Remain engaged. The insurrection that occurred on January 6th will be swept away by the news cycle soon, but there are deeper problems with the American system that allowed this to occur. Remain engaged and active. For example, support those who favor progessive electoral reform.
Donation with Purchase
Our commitment is to a healthier planet and people.
While we donate at least 1% of our total sales to environmental nonprofits, these products give a little more and support specific charities.